How to prepare almond milk?
The rule of three “P”: Simple, Useful, Five minutes (well, maximum, 10)
Almond milk is an excellent alternative to animal lactose , which with age, and truth, begins to be poorly digested. With a slight correction – if you have problems with the thyroid, consult an endocrinologist. Almond can suppress iodine.
But the beneficiaries of vegan home-made milk still have more – this is a low-calorie source of vitamins B and calcium , which you can enjoy every day. It is not accidental that it is a part of most diets . In the almond product there is no cholesterol, but there are omega-3 fatty acids that improve blood circulation. And what is his pleasant nutty taste and “spectrum” of use, almost like “real” milk. For informed consumers: this product is 100% eco friendly .
- 1 cup almonds – 155 g
- 3 cups water – 750 ml
- 1 stick of cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence (5 g)
- Place the almonds in a deep dish and pour in water. Soak them overnight. Nuts quickly absorb moisture, so the water should be enough.
- The next day, wash the almonds, peel off the skin (it is very easily removed) and put in a blender.
- Add three glasses of water and chop everything.
- Strain the liquid to separate the milk from the remaining nuts, and pour into a glass bottle.
- To make the taste more pleasant, add a little vanilla. And if you put a stick of cinnamon in the milk – it will be better preserved.
- A feature of any vegetable drink – it settles. Therefore, before using do not forget to shake it. It is a high-grade mono-product and an excellent ingredient for cocktails, coffee, soups and desserts.
- In the refrigerator, fresh milk is stored for up to 5 days.